Who Needs a Business License

The City of Rosemead provides two types of business certificates: Business License and Business Registration.

Click HERE for a complete listing of business classifications that are part of the Business License and Business Registry programs.

Any business that is conducted within the City of Rosemead must first obtain a Business License or Business Registration before commencing operations; only financial institutions (banks) and places for religious assembly are exempt. This includes, but is not limited to:

Any business with a physical address in the City of Rosemead

  • Operating in any commercial location
  • Operating from a home

Any business without a physical address within the City of Rosemead but doing business within the City of Rosemead. Examples:

  • Ambulance operators
  • Contractors
  • Handyman
  • Mobile food vendors

Employees of certain types of businesses

  • Beauty/hair/facial technicians
  • Massage therapists
  • Taxi drivers
  • Tattoo parlors

Temporary businesses or seasonal businesses

For more information, please contact Accounting Specialist, Jazelle Trinidad, at (626) 569-2121, or [email protected].