General Plan Amendment

A General Plan Amendment is required in cases where the owner of a property wishes to use their property for a type of development that is not consistent with the given land use designation. An example of this is when a Commercial land use designation is attempted to be changed to Single Family Residential. General Plan Amendments require three public hearings; one at Planning Commission and two by the City Council.

Please contact the Planning Division at (626) 569-2140 with any questions.