Fair Political Practices Commission

Candidate & Committee Statements of Contributions and Expenditures

The City Clerk serves as the local filing officer for the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC). These reports include Conflict of Interest Statements and Campaign Finance Reports.

Conflict of Interest Statements: Public officials involved in making governmental decisions are required to file Conflict of Interest Statements upon assuming office, annually, and when leaving office. Combined with our local conflict of interest laws, reports are required from:

  • City Council Members
  • Commissioners and Committee Members
  • City Manager and City Attorney
  • Department Directors and designated management level staff

All statements are public documents and are available for view on our Document Central portal. If you have questions please e-mail [email protected].

Campaign Finance Statements: Campaign Finance statements are required of candidates, City Council members, political action committees, and individuals making or receiving $1,000 or more to support or oppose candidates or measures.

Form 806 - Public Official Appointments

Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) requires each agency to post a single Form 806 (FPPC Regulation 18705.5 amended 03.2012). Form 806 reports additional compensation that officials receive when appointing themselves to positions on other committees, boards or commissions of a public agency, special district, and joint power agency/authorities. Each agency must post a single Form 806 listing all paid appointed positions including the date appointed, length of term and stipend amount.

FORM 806 - 2023-2024

Fair Political Practices Commission Forms are available through the FPPC; forms may be completed online and printed out for signature and filing.

The City Clerk can assist with general guidelines concerning reportable interests, revenues, or expenditures. Detailed situation and specific questions must be answered by the Fair Political Practices Commission. Please contact the FPPC toll free at (866) 275-3772 or via their website.